From "The History of Bridgeport, PA" (Centennial Edition by Edward Pinkowski - 1951)
Another fire company, the Goodwill Fire Company, came into existence in February 1915. Within seven years it grew from a stable in which it kept a hose cart at Fourth and Grove streets to its present headquarters on Bush Street. Like most fire companies, this one was as much for social as for fire-fighting purposes. For many years the company has conducted bingo parties on the first floor of the brick structure. With the revenue derived from the Saturday night parties, the company decided to provide and ambulance for the service of the community. Once a year the community contributes to a fund to maintain the ambulance in the best of condition.